Bubbies Naturally Fermented Sauerkraut is FANTASTIC on salads, especially beet salad with fresh citrus and feta cheese. Beets are so sweet and fresh in the winter, give it a try!
serves 4 people | 30 min preparation time
- 4 raw beets, peeled
- 4 mandarin oranges, peeled
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 1/2 cup feta
- 1 cup Bubbies Naturally Fermented Sauerkraut
- 2 cups of arugula
- 1/4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- On the thinnest setting, mandolin peeled beets and carrots. The thinner the better.
- Peel apart the mandarins.
- Strain some of the liquid out of the sauerkraut.
- Wash and strain the arugula.
- Arrange all salad ingredients into wide flat bowls
- Gently whisk all dressing ingredients together and drizzle over each bowl evenly. Finish with sea salt and ground pepper.