This delicious was developed by @vegukate.
Bubbie’s pickles are so tangy, crisp, and flavorful that they make each and every spoonful of gazpacho out of this world. It’s the perfect combination of sweet, salty, sharp, sour, and delicious – you’ll be obsessed too.
I’m very picky when it comes to my pickles, and Bubbies ticks all my boxes. Unlike several pickle varieties (the ones that you find in the shelf-stable section of the grocery store, not refrigerated section), Bubbies pickles are lacto-fermented, meaning that bacteria cultures naturally present on cucumbers (also known as lactobacillus) are responsible for transforming cucumbers into tangy, fermented pickles. This is how fruits and vegetables have been fermented and preserved for centuries, way before we started using vinegar to pickle.
The result is a perfectly fermented pickle loaded with flavor and naturally occurring good-for-you bacteria. What could be better?
Juicy heirloom tomatoes + cooling cucumber + fresh herbs + flavor-loaded Bubbie’s Dill Pickles = a late summer gazpacho to stay cool the last few hot days of summer.
Late Summer Gazpacho
- 3 pounds ripe heirloom tomatoes, seeds, and cores removed
- ½ English hothouse cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded
- ¼ cup shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, plus more to drizzle as a garnish
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ cup Bubbie’s Baby Kosher Dill Pickles, sliced, to garnish
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved, to garnish
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, to garnish
1) Add summer gazpacho ingredients to a high-speed blender: heirloom tomatoes,
cucumber, red bell pepper, shallot, red wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, and sea salt.
Blend on the highest speed until completely smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds.
2) Pour gazpacho through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl or jar. Discard seeds and pulp
from fine-mesh sieve.
3) Cover gazpacho and let chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
4) Serve gazpacho garnished with cherry tomatoes, sliced Bubbie’s pickles, and fresh basil
leaves. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
-Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit’s Summer Gazpacho recipe
-No heirloom tomatoes? No worries. Swap with 3 pounds of your other favorite tomato variety.
-Find Bubbie’s pickles in the refrigerated section! Find them in your local grocery store here.