This recipe was written and created by The Yummy Vegan
I love all kinds of Roasted Vegetables all year round. They tend to be more popular to serve during the Holidays. Why not jazz them up this year with a deliciously sharp but slightly sweet Cream Sauce? It’s so easy to make, and it really adds great flavor to the Veggies. The best part is, it can and actually should be made ahead so it’ll be one less thing to do on the big day. This recipe calls for Brussels Sprouts, Parsnips, and Golden Beets, but Sweet or Regular Potatoes would make a good addition or substitute.
• 2 Medium Parsnips
• 16 oz of Brussels Sprouts
• 2 medium Golden Beets
• 1 Tbsp of dried Thyme
• 1 Tbsp of grape Seed Oil
• Salt & Pepper
Horseradish Cream Sauce
• 1 cup of Vegan Sour Cream ( I love Tofutti brand)
• 2 tsp of Dijon Mustard
• 4 Tbsp of Bubbies prepared Horseradish
• 1-2 tsp of Beefree Honee or Agave Syrup
• Salt & Pepper to taste
1. The day before serving: Mix the Sour Cream, Horseradish, Dijon Mustard, Beefree Honee, Salt & Pepper together well and refrigerate for 24 hrs. This will give the flavors time to come together.
2. Wash, trim and cut the Brussels Sprouts in half and peel the Parsnips and Beets and cut them into smallish cubes (about the same size as the halved Brussels).
3. Toss the Veggies with a bit of OIl, Dried Thyme, Salt & Pepper, and Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until all the veggies are tender.
4. Serve warm with the Horseradish Cream.