We partnered up with Dini Klein from Prep + Rally on her Youtube channel! Below she shares two incredible recipes that use Bubbies Kosher Dill Pickles.
DILL PICKLE SAUCE
• 5 Bubbies Kosher Dill Pickles (1/2 cup pickles), finely chopped
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 1/4 cup finely chopped dill
• 2 tablespoons pickle juice
• 2 teaspoons old bay seasoning
Directions: Mix all ingredients together and store.
- 3 leeks, halved, washed well, thinly sliced
- 2 lb salmon (6 small fillets) skin removed
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons pickling spice (*see note)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- Place leeks and salmon at the bottom of a large (dairy or pareve) pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and continue on a low boil for about 10 minutes until fish is firm and cooked through. Mix occasionally to keep fish from sticking to each other.
- Meanwhile, mix together remaining ingredients in a large storage container to make the pickling liquid. Once fish is cooked carefully lift it (and the leeks) out of the water and place into the container nestling the fish to fully submerge in the liquid. Let cool and store covered in the fridge. Best when served 1-2 days after it’s made so it has time to pickle.
* You can buy store-bought pickling spice or simply mix together 2 T mustard seed, 1 T whole allspice, 2 tsp coriander seeds, 2 whole cloves, 1 bay leaf,1 cinnamon stick, 4 peppercorns. I like to wrap mine up in a cheesecloth but it’s not necessary. Just be sure to fish out the spices before serving!
You can watch the full video and learn how to make this complete dish on Dini’s Youtube channel!