Simple doesn’t have to mean boring! Sometimes the simplest recipes hit home. While we are stuck at home ourselves, it’s refreshing to be able to cook meals out of the things that are already in our fridges and pantries. Here are a few of our favorite recipes that use 5 ingredients or less!
Cottage Cheese Relish Toast and Dill Hummus Toast
This is one of our favorite recipes! Cottage cheese pairs amazingly well with relish, and the dill pickles give the hummus a perfect zing!
- 2 tbl of hummus (roasted red pepper or whatever your preference is)
- A sprinkle of pine nuts
- 1 tsp of red peppers
- Bubbies Kosher Dill Pickles, sliced
- Freshly cracked Pepper
For the Cottage Cheese Relish:
- 2 tbl of cottage cheese
- 1 tbl of Bubbies relish
- Everything bagel seasoning
- Sprouted sunflower greens
Thousand Island Dressing
This thousand island dressing is ridiculously easy to make, and pairs well with veggies, fried pickles, and more!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2-3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2-3 tablespoons Bubbies Kosher Dill Relish
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
Simply mix together and enjoy!
Candied Sauerkraut Truffles
Craving something sweet and salty? These sauerkraut truffles are the perfect combination!
- ½ cup Bubbies Naturally Fermented Sauerkraut
- ¼ cup sugar
- 8 ounces dark chocolate – chopped or chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder – optional
This one takes a little more prep time. For full directions, visit the recipe here.
Avocado Sauerkraut Toast
This recipe is easy to make, super healthy, and absolutely delicious!
- Sliced bread of your choice, toasted
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 cup Bubbies Naturally Fermented Sauerkraut, drained
- Chopped onion
- Fresh Sprouts
If you made the Thousand Island Dressing above, this is the perfect mid-afternoon snack.
- ½ cup Homemade Thousand Island Dressing with Bubbies Kosher Dill Relish (see recipe above)
- 6 slices of Rye Bread (cut into squares) OR 10 Crackers (Suggestion: Wasa crackers cut in half)
- Whole jar of Bubbies Naturally Fermented Sauerkraut (drained)
- ½ pound corned beef, sliced thin
- ¼ pound Swiss Cheese
Simply add 2 cups of drained sauerkraut to your favorite brownie mix, and you have a deliciously salty and rich dessert!
- 2 cups Bubbies Naturally Fermented Sauerkraut, drained and finely chopped
- Pre-made brownie mix
- 3 Tbsp water
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup of vegetable oil
We hope these recipes inspire you to find joy in the simple things. Be sure to share your creations with us on Instagram by tagging us at @bubbiespickles. Wishing you the best in food and health!