Appetizers are essential to any party, and what could be better than appetizers that are easy and look great too? Our cheeseburger bites are just the ticket. Served warm or cold, they’re delicious and sure to disappear quickly!
Bread & Butter Burger Bites
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 TBsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 4 crackers
- 1 clove of garlic
- 15 1x1x.25 inch squares of cheddar or other cheese
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 15 Bubbies Bread and Butter Pickles (or sliced Kosher dills if you prefer)
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix ground beef, crushed crackers, egg, spices, and Worcestershire sauce until all ingredients are blended.
- Form beef mixture into 1 inch balls; line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and then spray with cooking oil.
- Place meatballs approximately 1-1.2 inches apart, and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place a slice of cheese on each meatball. Set aside to cool, approx 5 minutes.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half
- Pat bread and butter pickles lightly with a paper towel.
- Tear pieces of the butter lettuce and fold into 1-inch squares.
Once cooled, layer the hamburger balls with a lettuce square, followed by a pickle slice and then half of a cherry tomato; skewer each stack with a toothpick and serve.
Makes approximately 15 appetizers.