Looking for ways to use that delicious leftover brine after all the dill pickles have been eaten? Look no further, it’s National Potato Chip Day! We soaked sliced potatoes in Bubbies naturally fermented pickle brine overnight and made the BEST homemade potato chips ever.
The secret to these perfect chips is…a paper grocery bag. Make sure you have one on hand before you start cooking.
- 2 cups oil
- 3 Russet potatoes
- 3 cups of Bubbies naturally fermented pickle brine (Don’t have enough? Throw some naturally fermented sauerkraut brine in there!)
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- fresh dill, finely chopped
- salt for shaking
- Thinly slice potatoes and place in a large bowl.
- Soak slices in brine and ACV overnight.
- In a fryer or a deep pot, heat vegetable oil on medium-high.
- Take approx 6 slices out of the brine at a time and pat dry as much as you can.
- Drop them into the frying oil and cook until brown and crispy.
- Remove from oil and drop into paper grocery bag with a large paper towel inside of it.
- Add a dash of fresh dill and salt, hold bag closed and shake vigorously.
- Repeat until all chips have been fried.
- Let cool and enjoy!